The public is invited to a presentation and discussion of the Department of Energy's recent Top-To-Bottom Review of the Environmental Management (EM) program and the Savannah River Site Fiscal Year (FY) 2003 EM budget request.
WHO: Senior Savannah River Site Officials
In remarks presented on February 4, 2002 in Washington, DC, Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham emphasized the three basic goals of the Energy Department's Top-To-Bottom Review of the EM mission. They are:
- WHEN: Friday, February 8, 2002
- 2 - 3 p.m.
- WHERE: Aiken Technical College
- Ashley J. Little Administration Building Auditorium
- Room 114
- Aiken-Augusta Highway US #1
- Aiken, South Carolina
- Eliminate significant health and safety risks as soon as possible.
- Review remaining risks on a case-by-case basis working with state and local officials and determine the most appropriate remediation schedules and approaches.
- Streamline cleanup so that funding spent on routine maintenance and security will be put to use for further expedited cleanup.